Fitzpatrick, Leary & Szarko, LLC is a local accounting and consulting firm based in Timonium, Maryland. Due to our growth, we are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our firm.
If you are a highly motivated, career-minded individual... if you want to develop well rounded accounting/business/consulting skills and experiences, if you're interested in business and want to work directly with business owners... if you're looking for a career opportunity that offers more than just a paycheck... then we’d like to hear from you.
Job duties will include:
- Assist supervisory personnel with audit, review, and compilation engagements, including planning, budgeting and efficient performance of field work.
- Develop and prepare complete, accurate and orderly workpapers.
- Work with clients in a variety of industries.
- Assist clients in closing their books and records, reconciling accounts, and making journal entries as needed.
- Prepare client financial statements.
- Research GAAP and financial accounting matters.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of client businesses, systems and procedures, identifying control weaknesses and making appropriate recommendations.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Prepare federal and state tax returns of individuals and businesses
Qualified applicants will possess:
- 4-year degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 0-2 years' experience in public accounting
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- A desire to work as part of a team
- The ability and willingness to travel locally
FLS offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, including cafeteria, HSA and healthcare plans, 401k, tuition assistance, flexible work schedules, business development incentives, PTO , a collegial working atmosphere and more. EOE.